We want you to have the best possible experience of care. The NHS Friends and Family Test is a way of gathering your feedback, so we can continually review our service.
- When you complete your treatment or are discharged from a service, you will often be invited to give feedback and complete the FFT.
- You will be asked to answer the question: "How likely are you to recommend us to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?"
- You can rank your answer from "extremely likely" to "extremely unlikely". You will also have the opportunity to explain your ranking by adding comments, and you may be asked some follow-up questions.
- If you are unable to answer the question, a friend or family member is welcome to respond on your behalf.
- If you feel that you should have been given the opportunity to respond, but did not receive the question, please speak to a member of staff first.
Your answer is voluntary. But if you do answer, your feedback will provide valuable information for the service to celebrate positive feedback, and identify opportunities to make improvements.
The information will give your GP practice invaluable feedback on what you think of the care and treatment you have received, which will help the surgery to make necessary improvements for patients.
No, this will not replace the current NHS complaints procedure
or other forms of feedback. Hospitals and other service providers will continue to use their own ways of gathering feedback in addition to the NHS FFT.
Patient Satisfaction Survey Results
Patients have the chance to give their feedback as a part of the NHS Patient Satisfaction Survey, we are incredibly proud of the feedback we received and the results overall. We were rated number 12 nationally and number 2 in Coventry and Warwickshire. Please see the results for 2019 here:
Best Rated GP Surgeries in Coventry and Warwickshire
GP Patient Survey